Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Letter of the Day: July 22

 

Curatorial Records: Numbered Correspondence 1604

 

July 22, 1896

 

Sister Beatrice,

Superioress,

Providence Hospital,

Washington, D.C.

 

Sister Beatrice:

 

I return herewith four of the registers showing admissions etc., to Providence Hospital under your charge. The other two, being those at present in use at the Hospital, I returned yesterday by messenger, as I feared their retention by me might inconvenience you. I hope they reached you safely.

 

Please accept my sincere thanks for your kindness in permitting me the use of these records, which will, I hope, be of some service to me in an investigation regarding malarial fever at Fort Myer, Va., and Washington Barracks, D.C., which the Surgeon General has directed me to make.

 

Very respectfully,

Walter Reed

Surgeon, U.S. Army,

Curator.

No comments: