Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Letter of the Day: June 24

Curatorial Records: Numbered Correspondence 05301

War Department,
Surgeon General's Office,
U.S. Army Medical Museum and Library.
Corner of 7th and B Streets SW.,
Washington, June 24, 1901.

Dr. M.P. Overholser,
Harrisonville, MO.

My Dear Doctor:

In compliance with your request of recent date, I have mailed to your address a copy of the paper which was read at the Pan-American Congress in February last. A previous paper on the same subject appears in the last Vol. of Transactions of the American Public Health Association; a later paper was read at the meeting of the Association of American Physicians, held in this city May 2-5, 1901, and will shortly appear, I hope, in American Medicine (Dr. Gould's new journal).

I regret to say that I know of no recent literature on the transmission of malaria by the mosquito in either the French or English language, nor anything relating to the propagation of yellow fever, except what I have mentioned above.

Very truly yours,
Walter Reed
Major & Surgeon, U.S. Army.

[hand notation]
Letter of Dr. O. not received for file. P.

No comments: