Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Letter of the Day: February 10 makeup

 

Office Post Surgeon

Department of the Arkansas,

Headquarters, U.S. Forces,

Mouth of White River, Ark., Feby 10th 1865

 

Brig Gen’l  J.K. Barnes,

Surgeon General U.S.A.

 

Sir:

 

I have the honor to present & express to you, the skeleton of a Rebel “Guerilla,” who was wounded in an attempt to capture this Post in June last.

 

I found his remains whilst out riding yesterday, about ½ mile in the rear of the Camp at this place, at which Place, I am informed he was carried by his comrades, & died from his wounds. I shall endeavor to get a history of his case, & forward to you, as it may no doubt be of interest to the profession.

 

I have the honor to be General,

 

Very respectfully

Your obdt. Servt.

H.S. Hammen

A.A. Surgeon U.S.A.

Post Surgeon

No comments: