Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Diagram, Diagram, Surprise! Diagram, Diagram

It’s been a while since I last posted so I thought it may be nice to give you a brief summery of what I’ve been up to here in HDAC. Since school has started again I have only been here once a week cataloging various specimens: acetate models, slide boxes and now OBGYN teaching slides. These slides vary from what I would consider normal diagrams that you see in class or text books to the slightly more unexpected (I guess it’s more of a surprise when you come across them than unexpected after you find the first few) OBGYN visuals. There is one set of slides that I just came across that are interesting for another reason. They depict a transfusion, of what I’m not sure, the second slide shows them filtering the unknown with what appears to just be cheese cloth before injecting it into the body. With all we know now about blood born pathogens, I hope that this was not the method used to “purify” blood when these slides were made. It is strange to see that the individuals depicted are very cautious about wearing masks and gloves while only filtering the solution with a cheese cloth before injecting it into someone. Anyways here are the slides I was talking about.

No comments: