Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Letter of the Day: October 6

Curatorial Records: Numbered Correspondence 1736

 

Fort Crook Neb.

Oct 6th 1896

 

Major Walter Reed U.S.A.

Washington D.C.

 

Dear Doctor,

 

As I am anxious to get the laboratory in the new hospital here in shape for a course in bacteriology this winter, I wish to ask if it would inconvenience you too much to send me cultures of the following bacilli, viz; B. Diphtheria, Typhoid Fever, Coli communis, Tuberculosis, Cholera, Anthrax, Prodigiosus, Glanders, and Finkler-Prior Vibrio.

 

All of my cultures became extinct in the move from Fort Omaha to this post as no one looked after them when I left to organize this hospital.

 

Very Sincerely

WB Banister

Capt. + Asst. Surgeon U.S.A.

The Surgeon

1 comment:

KristaFerr said...

Those cultures need a babysitter.