SAVE THE DATE: APRIL 18-19, 2009 – SYMPOSIUM ON LINCOLN’S HEALTH AT NATIONAL MUSEUM OF HEALTH AND MEDICINE
To commemorate the 200th anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln’s Birth, the National Museum of Health and Medicine Presents “A Symposium on President Lincoln’s Health”
**Endorsed by the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission**
Saturday, April 18, 2009, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
* Ronald S. Fishman, M.D. and Adriana Da Silveira, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D., Lincoln’s Craniofacial Microsmia
* Laura P. W. Ranum, Ph.D., Molecular Genetics with an Historical Twist: Spectrin Mutation Causes Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 5 in President Lincoln’s Pedigree
* Todd J. Janus, Ph.D., M.D. The Neurologic Death of Abraham Lincoln
* Thomas M. Scalea, M.D., Could Lincoln Have Been Saved?
6:30 p.m.: Keynote Address by Frank J. Williams, noted Lincoln scholar and former chief justice of the Rhode Island Supreme Court
Sunday, April 19, 2009, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
* Adrianne Noe, Ph.D., The Lincoln Exhibit at the National Museum of Health and Medicine
* Thomas M. Scalea, M.D. and Todd J. Janus, Ph.D., M.D., The Neurologic Death and Possible Rescue of Abraham Lincoln
* Kenneth Leetz, M.D., Abraham Lincoln, Psychotherapist to the Nation: Lincoln’s Depression and Its Transformative Effects on Empathy and Therapeutic Communication Through Metaphors
* Armond S. Goldman, M.D., Lincoln’s Gettysburg Illness
**Speakers, topics and schedule subject to change.
SYMPOSIUM IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. LIMITED SEATING—RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED! For more information and reservations, call (202) 782-2673 or email email@example.com
NMHM is proud to announce an upcoming exhibit, "Abraham Lincoln: Final Casualty of the War" (opens February 12, 2009), featuring artifacts related to the assassination of President Lincoln, including the bullet that killed the president.
* NMHM news release: http://www.nmhm.washingtondc.museum/news/symposium_on_lincoln_health.html
* Details about the Lincoln Symposium: http://nmhm.washingtondc.museum/events/lincoln_2009.html
* NMHM Lincoln artifacts: http://www.nmhm.washingtondc.museum/exhibits/nationswounds/lincoln.html
* Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission: http://www.abrahamlincoln200.org/
* Lincoln Bicentennial Celebration in Washington, D.C.: http://www.lincolnindc.com
National Museum of Health and Medicine
On the campus at Walter Reed Army Medical Center 6900 Georgia Ave., N.W. (enter at Elder Street)
Washington, D.C. 20307
Free Parking – Free Admission
NMHM is open daily (exc. Dec. 25 and Jan. 20) 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.