Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Letter of the Day: December 6

U.S. Army General Hospital,

McKim’s Mansion, Baltimore, Dec 6 1862

 

Surgeon Brinton U.S.A.

 

Sir,

 

I send to day per Express a box of specimens (dry). I have but 2 wet specimens, and I will send them when I get enough to make it an object. Most, if not all the specimens from the National Hospital have no name attached to them by which to designate the operator. But in Dr. Bartholon’s [?] time he performed all the operations himself. The specimens for this hospital are by myself. Those for the other places are also appropriately marked. I waited for my boxes to mount the dry specimens, but as they did not arrive I was unwilling to keep you without the preparations any longer. I shall be pleased to take particular pains in the future to collect every specimen that can be collected. No history can be obtained relative to the bones contained in a single package from the National.

 

Very  respectfully,

Your obedient Servant,

Lavington Quick

Surg. U.S.A.

No comments: